Harrison and I made our thrice weekly trip to the grocery store. Of course I had to wait until Chris came home from work because at this point I refuse to go with both kids. I'd rather eat dirt!! I know my limits! Anyways, had the list and was sticking to it until we arrived in the cookie/cracker eisle. I was great about being firm with "no cookies" but caved when he wanted Ritz crackers. They where pretty ok and don't have alot of sugar. What I didn't get was that he wanted them RIGHT THEN!! Harrison enjoys looking over and inspecting everything we get so I didn't think the crackers would be that big of a deal. The next thing I knew, the top of the box had been ripped off and was laying on the ground. 3 tubes of crackers came flying out and he was screaming that he wanted crackers. I told him that we had to wait and pay for them first. How do you explain to a 19 month old that we could get arrested for eating the crackers before we paid for them. In my mind, I can't stand the parents who let their kids munch on the food before it's even paid for. It just seems illegal to me. (Yep, I'm pretty much black and white). Before I knew it, them crackers where open and being consumed by my sweet precious little man. Unbelievable. We weren't hauled off or anything. Guess they'll let us come back.
My Harrison "favorite" of the day.... as I walked past his room as he was going to sleep for his nap, I hear him say "toot toot" as the train rolled by.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
I swore MY kids would never do this!
Posted by Jill Rutland at 8:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I just experienced the same thing a week ago! I thought, I will never do that. Imagine, my son being strong willed :) Going forward I am putting him straight in the little car attached in front and 'drives' the cart.
Love ya,
Alison Niermann
(Lilli 4, Josh almost 2, baby girl due Feb 6)
Post a Comment