As if my previous post wasn't bad enough.....it got worse today. After a wonderful morning playing in the park with our friends, we came home, got a quick bite to eat and then we were all gonna lay down for our afternoon siesta. 30-45 minutes into the siesta, Harrison starts hollern' for me. This was an unusual call for Mama. No whinning, no "hold you", no "milkywater". As I approached his crib, I felt something at the top of the headboard. I look down and he is holding his diaper in his hands. With poop in it. And on the bed. And on the headboard. It was EVERYWHERE!! Not only that, it was, like, "man-sized" poop. Lots of it! My poor gag reflex's kicked into high gear and it was all I could do to make it out the door and wash my hands. I then grabbed "poop man" and dumped (poor choice of words, i know) him in the tubby where he happily played while i cleaned up this horrific mess. Poor Chris couldn't help me and just felt helpless on the phone as I gaged cleaning up the crib. Of course, all this made Haddiebelle wake up and want to participate. So 2 kids in the poopy water is better than mama puking anyday!! (Hot water kills everything, right??!!) Needless to say, Harrison was so proud to tell anyone and everyone on the phone that he went poo poo in his bed. My next stop was to half price books. I found 3 books on going poo poo in the potty and we read them about 500 times since the purchase. He also learned that his hiney (bottom) has a hole in it and that's where his poo poo comes from. This potty training thing is gonna be a hoot!!! Will wait until AFTER our trip to VA to start that little process!
Also, it is almost official. It has been 48 hours since Haddie last nursed. My cup runnith over.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
disgusting...read with caution.
Posted by Jill Rutland at 7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
When you are ready to potty train...two words: Potty Power
I sat out the potty seat& never said anything about it. Then I played the video Potty Power two nights in a row while I made dinner. The next day we did nothing but drink water & as I watched him 'hold' himself I told him to go sit on the potty. ONE day. Done. Its all about the Potty Power. That video is amazing!
Good luck.
Post a Comment