Monday, June 16, 2008

1981 was a good year

Exactly 10 days ago on a Friday night, our son swallowed the 16th president. Yep, a penny. We were at our Uncle Brad and Aunt Damary's house when Harrison hit up his Uncle Brad for some money for his piggy bank. Harrison played with the money awhile and even put it in his pocket. The next thing we know, the little guy has a poopy diaper so Chris lays him down and then begins to choke. He gags a little and spits up. Chris said he had some of the money in his mouth and was pretty sure he had just swallowed some. I immediately go into crazy mama mode and pack our bags to leave for the ER. Smart uncle brad, calls poison control and another EMT friend. One said go to the ER and the other said as long as he was breathing OK, he would be fine. My next call was to the pediatrician and then to my sister in law who's dad is an ER doctor. The last call was to my other sister in law who has had MANY experiences in this area and I trust her completely!!! So the consensus was we just wait it out. So we have. For 8 days we would put all poopy diapers in a Ziploc bag to be "inspected" by daddy. Then finally, Saturday morning, Abe Lincoln showed up. The year on the penny was 1981. Chris wants to save the penny and put it in his scrapbook. I can't help but think of my son as a money-launderer and should serve time for this felony!!

2 comments:

mamahenn said...

Jill- Keep saving these stories I think you should write a book! You are so funny and I am so glad that good ole Abe came out!! I know that you must have been scared and paniced. I wish I could have been there for you. We miss you and love you tons!! Mel

Alison said...

That's too funny!
At least a nickel didn't come out first, then you'd wonder if he had a stash somewhere :)