Sunday, May 11, 2008

secrets revealed



Now that I'm a mom, I secretly look forward to Mother's day with great anticipation. My husband buys the GREATEST gifts. I don't have to tell him what I want. He's that good. Saturday, Harrison and Chris had to make a last minute run to pick up "something." When they returned,I promptly quizzed my son as to where they went and what they got. All he said was we got mama a shirt. A shirt? seriously? They where gone way longer than just to get mama a shirt. Besides, who wants a shirt? So this morning, as I was awaken to blueberry muffins and bacon, I couldn't wait to check out my "shirt". I opened my cards first, we all took turns sniffing the beautiful flowers, and then I dived into my box. Low and behold, it was a shirt. Not just any shirt, but 2 shirts to work out in. And exercise shorts. THEY WERE PERFECT!!!!! The exercise shorts I currently work out in aren't decent for being in public (too many holes in all the wrong places) and the tops I wear are just old cotton ones. The new exercise tops are the special ones that draws moisture away and keeps you dryer etc. LOVE THEM!! Plus, I got a little money to put towards the ridiculous priced vacuum cleaner that we desperately need since this one won't pick up jack squat! I feel totally spoiled, loved on and that I mean the world to my family. Thanks guys.
As we speak, the kids (Chris included) are playing in the tent that he made with blankets and pillows from the couch. Boy, that sure does bring back some great memories!! Special ones with my Grandpa Jack who would make us tent after tent every time we spent the night with him and grams. He would even sleep with us in them. He was the one of our greatest playmates. I know he would have loved to be doing them same with my kids.....One day in heaven, y'all will have to come visit us at the tent that Grandpa Jack made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO very gratful that your memories of Grampa Jack are so sweet. You really kknow how to make your mama cry, thanks. love you, nana

Anonymous said...

Hey, Meg was kind enough to leave a link to your new blog! Awesome! I finally joined the blogging world at http://www.thoughts.com/elizabethkropf
Hope to see you soon, now that my students are out of school for summer.
-beth kropf