Friday, May 2, 2008

Confessions of a sinner

Not to long ago I was lamenting about my son's ever so present sin nature. Will mine has been showing its true colors this week! At this exact moment I am ready to squeeze both these cheeks (his and hers) until their little eyes bug out!! I am done!!! Of course, as you see these 2 precious babies having a blast in the shower, you are asking the how on earth could their mama want to sell them on eBay? Let's just start with the fact that we went to eat dinner and left within 15 minutes of being seated with doggie bags for all of us. It began with Haddie having this absolutely crazy coughing fit. The kind where everyone turns and stares at you like you have 8 eyes and your daughter is spewing a rare and deadly disease for all to catch. We could not for the life us of get it to stop. So Chris took her outside to see if a little fresh air would help her lungs. While daddy was away, Harrison got out his mean shoes and gave mama a run for my money. He started hitting his head on the wall and then would WAIL at the top of his lungs. I would try to stop him and then he would hit me. This is a definite "no no". I "holler'd" for my beloved, he grabbed the kiddos, I packed up our yummy, cold food and we headed for the car. I get in and Harrison starts saying something and my immediate comment to him was "you don't get to talk to mama." How mean am I???!!!! What he was doing was apologizing. I feel like a total heel now. I struggled all day with being tired because my kids are sick and just want mama. I want my mama too!! I had to stop and remember that God didn't promise us a fair or easy life. He just said he would help us get through it. I have seen more of my own nastiness this week to last me a lifetime. I pray for extra strength, PATIENCE and enough grace just to make it to the end of the day. Lord, help me to put my kids first, before myself, and love them like there's no tomorrow. They are too precious to be mad at and too dear not to love deeply!!
I will not even go into the other issues of fighting with a grown man at a restaurant....let's just say I was right but at what price? At least Chris has got my back. Nasty.

2 comments:

Spicy Magnolia said...

Oh, dear one! Bless you! May you have a restful, fun and somehow very rejuvenating weekend! And is that Chris' leg in the picture, too?? hee hee

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry, jill. this mom thing can be so hard, but i have it on good authority that you are an amazing mom. hang in there. (and meg's last comment makes me laugh.)