Sunday, March 16, 2008

2 thoughts.....

There have been 2 different things I've wanted to blog about but just haven't. Not sure why, but I think it has something to do with having 2 kids.
The first thing that I want to RAVE about is Target. One of my friends, via her blog, convinced me to give it a try and I did. Not just go to Target and shop in their awesome dollar bins or get cute sassy t-shirts for Harrison, but actually get my prescription filled there. It is every mommy's dream. I admit, I am a sucker for my Walgreen's 24 hour pharmacy and drive thru window. But when I have 2 kids who both are sick as dogs, and I have to wait for the 'scripts to get filled, Walgreen's just isn't cutting it. I mean, how many times can I go up and down the hair care aisle.....until I start getting a complex about my grays. Just about every aisle has candy or toys on it and when my kids are sick....they are really cranky. I hate telling them "no" and Walgreen's just doesn't make it that easy for me. However, God invented Target. Glory be. Not only can I look at totally random merchandise but I can avoid all the "no" aisles. Plus it is a huge store and I never get a complex about my hair!!! That's just the beginning. The pharmacist was beyond gracious and helpful. Since I had to fill out 2 new patient cards (one for each kid) the actual pharmacist filled out Hadleigh's while I filled out Harrison's (he just copied while I wrote H's out). Next they have this totally nifty color coded system...Each person in the family gets a color. This is HUGE since both kids are on the same medicine but different strengths and amounts. Also, the label is sooooo much easier to read!! Not sure what they did but it's real nice. The last groovy thing is that there is a stopper in the prescription bottles. All I have to do is insert the syringe, tilt bottle upside down and out flow the medicine. Pure genius. Target, you get my mommy stamp AND seal of approval!! Will blog about the other thing maybe tomorrow!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I love Target!! Always have been a fan of the store itself but I agree with you on the prescriptions as well. Being in the medical field they really do have the best bottles and the color code system is ingenious. Plus for those that dont have insurance or pay out of pocket for medicine Target does the whole $4 medicine for generics--which is great. We frequent Target about once a week for who knows what--Ryan loves it!!!

Unknown said...

amen and amen! love you! hope you are all on your way to feeling better soon!