Saturday, August 25, 2007

Special Friend

Today we went back to Deep Eddy as a family and we had some of our friends from church join us! Abbie, Tricky and little Audrey swam with us in the spring fed pool on this HOT Texas day! We are so blessed to have friends with kids close in age......this is getting to be the fun stage age.
Speaking of friends. I was having a silent pity party the other day. I was feeling sorry for myself because all my dearest girlfriends live in ridiculous far off places like Asheville, NC, Erie, PA and Columbia, SC even Atlanta GA. One friend and I were dreaming of silly frivilous things to do if we ever had a day off. It made me miss her like crazy! I think the reason why they are so special and dear is because there is a history. High school, boyfriends, college, weddings etc. Then yesterday, the kids and I hung out with our buddies Alison and Walker. What a gift she and her little man are to us! God opened my eyes as this is someone I can start making a history with...my kids too! We share Christ, similar philosophys in raising our kids and a passion for mexican food! She fully accepts me as I am. Nastiness and all just about everyday (we can't live without each other!!)....what a beautiful reflect of Christ and how He takes us, junk and all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic, Jill. We had a great time! I think H was flirting with my daughter...I've got my eye on that boy.
TW