Friday, February 4, 2011

Cabin Fever, Ice and then Snow!!!


For Meggie!!

















Our family Olympic Wii tournament. Haddie won the bobsleigh every time!!


Harrison is playing hockey and doing some snow boarding!

Prepared for the snowy Olympic family tournament!!



Not sure how to start this post as I know several of my "northern" friends will be laughing at me from miles away by the end!
On January 20th H-man had his tonsils out. Them suckers were NASTY!! The doctor actually said that his tonsils were still so infected after we had been on amoxicillian for 2 weeks PRIOR to surgery!! So they upped the dose after surgery to kill the nasty bacteria that had been making my little guy so sick for so long! He also had his adenoids removed and they were blocking his nasal breathing by 75%!! Quite a lot for a little feller! BTW: the surgery is listed as a T&A....kinda made us laugh every time they referred to H as a "T&A"!! He was a real trooper and asked for ice cream the minute he woke from anesthesia. He did great with his pain medicine and I would say about 95% better. Still a scab on one side of his throat and is kinda sensitive to certain hard foods! I had some random idiot ask me why i didn't go ahead and get Haddie's out too. First of all, she doesn't need them out and second, do you not see my HUGE belly sticking out?! I could barely handle one little non-emotional boy dealing with surgery plus being pregnant but my overly emotional and dramatic daughter in the mix would probably have sent me over the edge!!!
So we had to stay inside for 7-14 days after surgery so as not to disturb the healing process etc. That was kinda fun for a few days; naps together, ice cream (for this mama too!!) and movies galore. BUT THEN....the ice storm hit. I sure everything has pretty much shut down and THEN it snowed yesterday and is still snowing! Chris has been off everyday this week and we have LOVED having our daddy around. The highways were crazy, the temperatures kept falling and nothing would melt. So i have been stuck in this house for over 2 weeks. Breathing the same air over and over. I think I'm gonna lose my mind!
HOWEVER, today we got out the sleds again with a layer of ice then about 6+ inches of snow. My kiddos are in heaven and I just wanted to stand outside and breath fresh air!!

2 comments:

Spicy Magnolia said...

I LOVE my snow angels!! Both the ones on the ground and the real ones I can squeeze! Those are gorgeous pictures! And did Haddie throw the snow ball?? I dare you to jump in that freezing pool, Chris. :)

Way to go H-man with your surgery! We are so proud of you! Love Skyping with you all today. Enjoy the remnants of snow...ours is all gone already. We love you!

becca said...

Poor H man...or should I say poor mommy! I would have been a mess too! So glad he is feeling better :-) Love the sleds being pulled by the tractor!! We used to do that when we were little on the farm in Colorado. So much fun! Glad you were finally able to get out and about!
P.S. your picture taking skills are getting so good!!! Beautiful pictures!!!!!!