Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Amazing!!

Lance Armstrong after he finished 6th in the race!!
Chris crossing the finish line...I was so proud of him that I cried!! I cried because he is doing something I don't think I will ever be able to do (let alone WANT to do!!!)
The end of the race was at the capitol where we were serenaded by Ben Harper!
The Austin Club is where we had our wedding reception almost 7 years ago!!

Matt and Chris before the race
Olympic Gold Medal swimmers Brendan Hansen and Aaron Peirsol, both Texas swimmers!
Hook 'em Horns!



Lance Armstrong and his good bud Matthew McConaughey!!!

Where to even begin??!! Let's just start with a big thank you to our gracious God for giving us an amazing fall like morning! The kids, Pappy, Nana and I played outside almost all morning!! It definitely is making me crave the fall!
OK, the race. Chris and our buddy Matt ran in the Nike 10k Human Race Sunday night (thanks for babysitting Nana and Pappy!!). It was an amazing spectacle of humanity sweating all at the same time! The race started at 6:30pm, which in Austin at the end of August, is just plane dumb!! The thrill for me and Meg (Matt's wife and dear friend!!) was that we not only got to cheer on our guys but witness all the "star sightings"! We had no idea that anyone famous would be there nor did we know that our spots at the start/finish line would give us the GREATEST view of all!! They were mere inches away from us! Anyways, both our guys did great and finished the race WELL. I am truly proud of Chris Rutland and as he trains for his marathon on Feb. 15th, I promise to cheer him all the way!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though Matt won't be running in the marathon, me and Polka will be right alongside you cheering him on!! Can't miss out on that one! :) I had such FUN with you last Sunday...what a blast!