Friday, April 11, 2008
What spring?
This week has been a hard one as I have wrestled with my son's selfish nature. It's something we all have and are born with it. But to see it so fleshed out daily in someone so small and precious, it just breaks me to the core. I can only begin to imagine what God must feel like. I cried almost all day Tuesday as I watched him use the word "mine" and then proceed to beat his dearest little buddy in the head not once but twice. There was no reaching him on a reasoning basis. There was no reaching him by a change of scenery. I know my kids aren't perfect and surly don't expect them to be. But this just hurt my heart and caused me to pray even harder for my kids. One sweet lady reminded me that I am raising a Godly man and a Godly woman. What a perspective to have.
Check out Hadleigh's chunky legs!! Everyone notices them and just wants to eat them!! Too cute! We haven't had much of a spring....we really just jumped into summer. Outside and water time are our most favorite things to do. I never knew a $1.00 squirt bottle could bring a 2 year old so much joy. Harrison is truly a delight and one of my greatest joys. He's just growing up in a fallen world and it's up to Chris and I to teach him the ways of Christ. May He have mercy and grace upon us!!!!!!!!
Posted by Jill Rutland at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
THat made my day!! I thought when i hit play that I hoped that Chris did not fall out of the hammock- and then Out he fell!! I laughed and then felt bad hoping he was not hurt. I miss you guys!! The trailer park would love the squirt bottle!!! I love yall- MEl
Post a Comment