Friday, January 11, 2008

Pure sweetness!

Yesterday was one of Harrison's sweetest days....He would come and sit next to me and just pat my back and say "hi mama." Then he was all over his sister kissing her and giving her all kinds of attention. I was nursing her at one point and he climbed up to have a "sit down" next to me. She looked at him and just smiled soooo big. They talked for a minute, then he leaned over and gave her more kisses. She just loved it and I was trying my best not to cry!!!

We've been trying to teach Harrison to say "No, thank you" when someone wants him to do something he doesn't instead of whining or screaming. So he and Haddie were playing trains on the floor and he kept saying "no thank you haddie." He's getting it!!!!!! The best part was that she didn't get it so he kept raising his voice as if this would help. Finally, we had to intervene and ask him to get a haddie toy. They played together for almost an hour. I love this!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I had a night like that with Bennett tonight. We played for over an hour - and then it was off for bed, bath and bottle. After his bottle, while I was rocking and singing to him, he looked up at me and gave me the biggest kiss. It was magic. So, (we've been doing eskimo lately in our house), then we followed it up with about 5 minutes of Eskimo kisses and non-stop baby giggles from my son.
I never thought my heart could hold so much love all at once....