The little red splotch under my chin on the right side is/was my spot of cancer. As of last week, my face is now cancer free....at least in that spot!! It turned out to be quite an experience that i hope you never have to go through!
It all started with reading a magazine article about skin cancer and I made an appointment that day with a dermatologist. The spot I had was flaky and red and bled at times. I couldn't get it to go away with polysporin or cordaid.....I'm not sure what I thought it was but cancer was no where on the radar!! I made the appointment and even the dermatologist didn't think it was cancer. He just thought it was a pore having a hard time healing. After months of cortizone injections and numerous creams, with nothing working, we finally did a biopsy. It came back positive for basal cell carsanoma. It's the good kind that won't spread internally.
I scheduled the surgery not knowing much about what was gonna happen. I ended up having a method done called the Mohs Method. It made sure that the surgeon got ALL the cancer. The surgeon was AMAZING. I felt comforted and cared for. I was unprepared with how much they really had to remove from my face. But I am glad the surgeon got it all. Now she will help me with minimizing the scar as much as possbile. Hopefully it won't be so frankensteinish!!
1 comments:
Oh, Jillie, like I said on the phone, you are beautiful! I pray the Lord continues to show you that as you take steps to get used to this change. May He give you His eyes and the reassurance of how He is ever present. I love you! By the way, frankensteinish is a cool word. :)
Post a Comment