Nine years ago tonight, Chris Rutland asked me to be his wife. It only took the goof-ball 4 years but I whole heartedly accepted his sweet invitation! He did it by sending me on a scavenger hunt through out the city (Austin), stopping at special places or dear friends homes which they gave me either a gift or another clue as to where to go. One of the last places was an apartment complex called Rutland Place. I believe the note read: we will one day have this plaque on our wall: Rutland Place. I arrived back at my apartment with candles EVERYWHERE and flower petals thrown about. Chris very quickly got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. We hugged and I RAN off to call the world to share the good news. He proceeded to crash because he had gotten a big ol headache waiting and i think abit of the anticipation got to him!!
Monday, November 16, 2009
A day worth celebrating
Today we celebrated by going to the San Antonio Zoo with our dear friend Matt Danelo. What a blast we had as Chris and I reminisced about what we were doing 9 years ago and watching our precious ones enjoy God's amazing creation. They were "wowed" by all the different color and types of birds. Harrison fell in love with the giraffe and named him "Giraffy". My personal favorite were the hippos sitting half in and half out of the water. Chris's favorite was watching the kids run from exhibit to exhibit. Haddie's had to be riding the train. We also had lunch at a for real soda shop and supped at the most yummy burger joint, Longhorn Cafe.
Just in case you didn't know....I love this man and am blessed beyond words to be his wife!!!!!
Posted by Jill Rutland at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SO sweet! Congrats!
so cute!!!! hugs, nana
Loved being part of this special day!
Post a Comment