Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st Day of School




What a true joy and blessing it is to be able to let H2 go to school this year! Thank you Jesus!! Haddie is over the moon excited and just loves being able to go! She spent all last year watching H-man go and longed to join him. When I picked her up on tuesday, she told me her favorite part was nap time! The kids both have "nap time" at school but Harrison's was really just quiet time with a book on his nap mat. BTW: nap mats are new to me. We never had one last year but needed it this year. I searched the world over for these little suckers and who knew they were SOOOO cute and darn expensive??!!! UNTIL I found this cute little boutique on etsy. I swear by that place now! It's called the little brown crane (tell her I sent you!!) and she has the cutest, most local and CHEAPEST! Haddie got the surfer girl nap mat (looks JUST like her)!! The craftsmanship is outstanding and we just LOVE the product. I had a local friend monogram the kids initials on them too! OK, now I've gotta post pics of those cute things!

Back to school. Harrison's favorite part was making a pumpkin for the wall. Arts and crafts have kinda been non-existent while we are living with Pappy and Nana. I am just terrified we will glue ourselves to the walls or "trim" the carpet with our scissors!
Haddie has only one other girl in her class along with 4 boys!! I know how to pray for Ms. Denise this year!! Harrison has 2 other boys and 3 girls in his class. He is in Pre-k and gonna learn smart things like math!! I am really excited for him and can't wait to see all he learns. I long to be a fly on the wall in Haddie's room to see all that she is up to!!

1 comments:

NikDuck said...

Glad to hear they are enjoying school! I can't wait to see those nap mats...they sound adorable! Although my kids do not get nap time at school. Maybe I could get one for me! I did see nap mats at Target with all the school supplies....it looked just like the one I used in Kindergarten. Did you not have nap time in Kindergarten?!