Monday, February 9, 2009

3 years ago tonight.......

















.....my water broke. I had no idea what was happening! Chris and I had just settled into bed with my impending c-section the next day. I was happily full with Rudy's in my belly and David Letterman on the TV to take my mind off the unknown of tomorrow. Chris and I were snuggled down in bed when I had this feeling that felt like when you are chewing gum and you pop a bubble in your mouth. That was the feeling of my water breaking. I jumped up and said, "I think my water just broke." Chris then told me, "I think your water just broke." And then we just stood there looking at each other rather dumbly. I went to the bathroom and he called the doctor and the rest was history!! We had the most precious baby boy that I could have ever dreamed of. He was a great baby and now he is going to be 3!! FOR REAL!!
I remember praying to God to get pregnant. It took us almost over a year but then came the day around Father's Day that I saw two lines instead of one. I fell to the floor praising God!! I could NOT wait to tell Chris. We laughed and cried together. It was a blast telling our parents and brothers. But then I found out it was a BOY.....I couldn't have been more proud to give Chris a son. I remember wanting to name him Reed.....but then thought Reed Wyatt Rutland might be a mouth full!
Now he's 3 and one of my most favorite people in the world. He makes me so mad and laugh so dang hard. He is in love with skunks and skunking things. He is potty trained and absolutely the best big brother ever. He loves people well and has the sweetest heart. Harrison is the cure to anything that ails ya and I couldn't be more than thrilled to be his mama!!
Tomorrow we are off to Chuck E. Cheese....by Harrison's request....to celebrate! Will post more pictures of the fiesta manana!!




4 comments:

Spicy Magnolia said...

Oh, my memories of his birthday are vast and priceless as well! He will always be my little Harrison and a blessed boy in my life, treasured always. Happy birthday, H!! And mommy, you are one special mommy as well! A happy celebration to you, too!

Kari said...

Ahh.. I remember those pictures well. Happy birthday, Harrison!! You are one special little boy (who happens to have one of the best Mommies on the planet) - and even though I don't get to be a part of your "everydays" - you're thought of every day. Love you! Aunt Kari of Ohio/PA

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Harrison! I can't believe he is already 3 YEARS old! I've loved knowing him and hope the party was a blast!

Anonymous said...

I just love this preggo picture of you! So cute!