Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Delight

It says in scripture, "...he rescued me because he delighted in me" Ps 18:19b.  God was pleased with David as being a man after His own heart.  He also delights in us.  As I did today with my oldest child.  It was pure delight.  We laughed to our hearts content while we tried to catch bubbles in a bucket.  We squealed with zeal as we ran through the sprinkler on this beautiful 80 plus degree day.  I stared in amazement as I watched Harrison squirt the bubbles with a water bottle....he couldn't quite figure out where they all went!!!  Harrison was become a true source of joy for us during some rough times here in Austin, Texas.  But the unconditional love that he and his sister show us is nothing short of pure and right.  No matter what is going on in the world or their little heads, they know with out a shadow of a doubt, that mom and dad will take care of us. And we will.  Just like God will take care of us.  He has great and wonderful plans for us; He declared so in Jeremiah 29:11.  I cling to what is true and what He has chosen to reveal to me through my children.  I am grateful.  Truly grateful.  They are what I delight in because of Him.  Thank you Lord!!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey--you know how to touch your momma's heart. Thank you Lord, xoxo, nana